Here’s an overview of a few of the bigger players in the streaming industry.
Pros: Netflix is the gold standard for streaming services. A ton of original content to keep you entertained forever.
Cons: Netflix is losing some of its most popular content to other streaming services in the near future, including Friends, The Office, and Parks and Recreation.
Notable Exclusives: Stranger Things, Black Mirror, Seinfeld
- Basic ($8.99/month) – One screen at a time, Standard Definition
- Standard ($12.99/month) – Two screens at a time, High Definition
- Premium (15.99/month) – Four screens at a time, HD and 4K Ultra HD
- DISNEY +
Pros: Entire library of Disney content, from the most popular blockbusters to your favorite Disney Channel show from the 90s.
Cons: If you are not a fan of typical Disney content, there’s not as much for you here.
Notable Exclusives: Marvel, Star Wars, Simpsons, any Disney movie you can think of
- Verizon customers get free for a year
- $12.99/month bundle with Hulu and ESPN plus
- Apple TV+
Pros: A ton of original content from high profile creators like Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, and M. Night Shyamalan.
Cons: Not very much established content that you already know and love.
Notable Exclusives: The Morning Show, See, Dickinson
- FREE year with the purchase of an Apple product
- Amazon Prime Video
Pros: Included with Amazon Prime subscription, which offers other benefits such as free two-day shipping.
Cons: A lot of content requires an extra purchase.
Notable Exclusives: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Boys, Lord of the Rings prequel series (coming soon)
- Half off for students